EMEA Sales Representative
Back to Careers at PeoplePay
Skills and Qualifications
- Maintain a comprehensive understanding of PeoplePay’s services and articulate this persuasively to prospects.
- Organise daily work schedules to call on potential leads. Identify appropriate prospects, set appointments, make effective qualifying sales calls and manage the sales cycle to close new business.
- Build, manage and maintain relationships with your allocated new business leads, acting as the first point of contact for all communication.
- Identify and strategize the most relevant use of our solution and work with the customer to meet their goals.
- Ensure queries are dealt with appropriately and in a timely manner and provide professional and efficient responses to all leads, maintaining our position as a top International payroll provider.
- Prepare professional and accurate proposals, service agreements and other documentation as required.
- Consistently promote our services to drive revenue generation.
- Ensure sales targets are met through the use of successful sales strategies and tactics.
- Consistently promote our services to drive revenue.
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with Account Managers to help maintain reliable services and effective customer servicing/rapport with customers, ultimately encouraging further sales activity. This includes executing handovers skilfully when a client signs with us.
- Represent our values and provide internal feedback on how PeoplePay Global can better serve our customers.
- Ensure all sensitive data is handled as per internal processes, dictated by GDPR legislation.